Pages

Monday 14 September 2009

Slottsberget

Some months ago when I was taking a walk I decided to explore a new route. If somebody would have blindfolded my eyes and dropped me off there I would never have guessed that I was in Gothenburg. This neighbourhood, consisting of 24 houses, is placed on a hill called Slottsberget and it is unique in many ways. It reminds me of a picturesque fishermen village not at all of something belonging in Gothenburg! The houses are more than 100 years old and have an exceptional view over the harbour entrance. It is impossible not to fall in love with this place. When the shipyards were prospering in Gothenburg one built these houses for the shipyard workers. That is what I call a work privilege! Today there is rarely a house for sale there and if there is, it is awfully expensive.

1 comment:

Did You like it? Tell us :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails